Gen 3: Troubleshooting ERR4
What is ERR4?
ERR4 is displayed when the batch tank took too much time to fill after the previous mist cycle.
Most Common Cause:
- Faucet supplying water to the unit has been shut off.
- Note: If faucet is shut off – causing ERR4 – and then turned back on, Gen 3 will automatically clear the error and resume normal operation during the next scheduled mist cycle.
Other Potential Causes:
- Float switch is stuck in down position. During the FILL routine, water will run out of the unit until the controller recognizes the issue and closes the inlet solenoid valve.
- Flow Regulator is clogged, reducing flow to the batch tank.
- Water supply from the faucet is inadequate or inlet water filter is clogged.
- Batch tank has a leak.
1. Ensure faucet supplying water to the unit is on.
- Clear error – press Red MENU/Stop button for 5 seconds.
- Run Manual Mist – press the Up and Down arrow simultaneously and hold for 2 secs.
- Allow mist cycle to complete. Listen for water flowing into batch tank during FILL routine.
- If water is not flowing out of unit and ERR4 results, proceed with Step 2, Flow Meter Diagnostic.
- If water is flowing out of unit and then ERR4 results, proceed with Step 3, Float Switch Diagnostic.
2. Run Flow Meter Diagnostic to confirm adequate water flow to unit.
- See Gen 3: Run Flow Meter Diagnostic
- If Flow is Low, clean inlet water filter, run Flow Meter Diagnostic again.
3. Run Float Switch Diagnostic to confirm float switch is working properly.
- See Gen 3: Run Float Switch Diagnostic
- If displays do not reflect float position, it is likely that float has failed and requires replacement