To download and print the manual, click Gen 3: Operating Manual
-1. Pick a Suitable Location
- On firm level surface with good access for service.
- Free from flooding or sprinklers.
- Close to water faucet dedicated to the unit. 25 ft of 3/8″ tubing included with unit. Faucet must be able to deliver 1 gal/min.
- Near GFCI outlet. Unit’s power cord is 12 ft. NEVER USE AN EXTENSION CORD!
- Unit requires 120V and 15 amp circuit. Test with multi-meter.
0. Remove Gen 3 from Box
- Open box and remove finish kit
- Verify finish kit:
- Remote transmitter
- Antenna for remote receiver
- Faucet adapter
- 25′ of 3/8″ tubing
- inlet water filter with short length of 3/8″ tubing
- Plus Cap for concentrate bottle
- Lift unit straight up from box, placing one hand under front lip of the unit and the other hand on lip of open lid.
- Thread remote antenna onto coax fitting on top of lid.
1. Connect the Water Supply Line
- Take care not to introduce dirt into the line.
- Insert short length of 3/8″ tubing connected to inlet water filter into 3/8″ fitting on lower right corner of unit.
- Thread faucet adapter onto faucet. To allow Gen 3 to share faucet with garden hose, first connect a “Y” fitting with a valve on each leg.
- Insert 3/8″ line into faucet adapter, then measure and cut tubing.
- Run water to flush line before connecting to filter port marked “IN.”
2. Test the System and Inspect the Nozzle Circuit
- Connect nozzle circuit to 1/4″ bulkhead fitting.
- Install optional zone kit. For instructions, see Gen 3: Zone Kit Installation
- Plug unit into outlet and confirm controller boots up.
- Inspect nozzle circuit for leaks
- Run inspection cycle, INS in MAINTENANCE Menu. After the batch tank fills with water, the system will pressure up and mist.
- Check nozzle circuit for leaks and repair.
- If zone kit, inspect both zones with INS 1 and INS 2.
- Confirm pump pressure is 250 psi.
- Run inspection cycle.
- If necessary, adjust pump bypass with flathead screwdriver. Port located back bottom left corner of unit.
3. Install the Nozzle Circuit Filter
- Mount filter head to bracket with screws, then mount filter head to right side of unit.
- FILL FILTER CANISTER WITH WATER!
- Confirm o-ring on top of the canister is seated in groove, then screw filter housing onto the filter head.
- Cut and connect 1/4″ tubing following direction of flow arrows
- “IN” – misting unit to filter
- “OUT” – filter to nozzle circuit
- For more details and photos, see Installing Nozzle Circuit Filter
4. Orient and Test the Handheld Remote Transmitter
- Set parameters in controller:
- Run REFILL routine in the MAINTENANCE Menu. DO NOT INSERT CONCENTRATE BOTTLE! Accept defaults for MIX, BOT and LEVEL. Press Green button after Vent to return to home screen.
- Set System Mode to Auto Everday on home screen.
- Set NOZ in SETUP Menu to nozzle count. Set NOZ 1 and NOZ 2 if zone kit.
- Set REM (remote mist duration) in SETUP Menu to desired. 45 secs is common.
- Put receiver in misting unit into “learn” mode
- LRT in SET-UP Menu. Press and hold green button
- Countdown starts
- Put handheld transmitter in “learn” mode
- Find recessed pairing button on back of transmitter
- Use paperclip to press and quickly release button. DO NOT HOLD PAIRING BUTTON DOWN!
- Blue LED will flash several times
- Controller will display “DONE”
- Press MIST on handheld to complete pairing
- Test remote by pressing MIST. Stop cycle by pressing STOP MIST
- For more detail and troubleshooting, see “Learning” the iMist2-ready Handheld Remote Transmitter
5. Test Leak Detection
- Press MIST on handheld transmitter and allow for a complete remote mist cycle
- If controller displays ERR3, there is probably a leak.
- Clear the error by pressing and holding Red Stop button and run another remote mist to confirm
6. Insert Concentrate Bottle and Charge the Batch Tank
- Unapproved concentrates may damage the system or may not be legal to apply through the system. Make sure concentrate is in Gen 3: Approved Insecticides
- Calculate required MIX ratio of concentrate (parts water: 1 part concentrate)
- Refer to label or link above for dosing instructions
- Use Dosing and Days to Empty Calculator
- Fill tip-and-measure bottle with concentrate:
- Use a funnel
- Do not cross-thread or overtighten Plus Cap on pour port
- Remove seal from vent port
- Apply adhesive-backed label supplied with concentrate to side of bottle
- Insert bottle into coupler
- Run REFILL routine in the MAINTENANCE Menu
- Enter calculated MIX ratio from above
- Enter BOTtle size in ounces. 64 for 1/2 gallon bottle. 128 for 1 gallon bottle.
- Set LEVEL to full
- After VENT, press Green button to return to home screen
- Run CHG (Charge) routine in the MAINTENANCE Menu. After it finishes, run it again. RUN TWO CHARGE CYCLES!
7. Set Mist Cycles
- Confirm day and time on home screen are correct. If not, reset in DAY/TIME Menu.
- Set mist duration and time for each cycle in CYCLES Menu. 24 possible daily mist cycles.
- A common program is:
- Morning: around 7:00 am for 45 seconds (after sprinkler system has run)
- Dusk: around 7:00 pm for 45 seconds
- Night: around 11:00 pm for 45 seconds
- You may need to set other parameters in the SET-UP Menu (eg if you are installing a wind sensor). You’ll find a complete list at Gen 3 Controller: Menus Otherwise, accept the defaults.
8. Button Up the Unit
- Confirm System Mode set to Auto Everyday on home screen.
- Close lid on unit