1. Calculate required volume of concentrate.
- Select a concentrate from the list of Gen 1.3: Approved Insecticides
- Remove drum cover
- Remove cap from drum bung
- Use a yardstick to measure inches of remaining insecticide solution and note it.
- Calculate required volume of concentrate and water (in inches from the bottom of the drum) using the Dosing and Days to Empty Calculator.
- If you are using an approved concentrate other than ones presented in the calculator, you can find the information required by the calculator – the concentration of active ingredients in the formulation and target concentration in the mist – at Gen 1.3: Approved Insecticides.
2. Replenish drum with water and concentrate.
- Fill the drum with a few inches of water from a garden hose, being careful to maintain an air gap of 6” between the tip of hose and the fluid in the drum.
- Measure concentrate and use a funnel to add it through the bung.
- Continue filling drum with water to the desired level – maintaining the 6″ air gap. To avoid foaming and possible equipment damage, stop filling when the fluid level is 4” from the top.
- Replace cap on drum bung.
- Ensure concentrate label in waterproof envelope is affixed to the side of the drum and visible
- Dispose of the empty bottle, strictly following label instructions or regulations regarding disposal
- Record type and volume of concentrate added
3. Reset level indicator in the controller to Full (8 bars)
- Navigate to MAINTENANCE Menu, scroll to LEVEL. Depress Green ► button 5 seconds to enter routine.
- Use ▲ ▼ buttons to set level to full (8 bars)
4. Prepare Unit for Operation
- Confirm AUTO Cycle times and durations
- Confirm Remote Mist duration
- Confirm operating mode – usually AUTO Everyday
- Close plastic lid and secure waterproof cover