The iMist gateway, which should be connected to your customer’s router, is not connected to the internet.
- Internet service to your customer’s house is temporarily out.
- The gateway has lost power.
- The gateway has been disconnected from your customer’s router or the physical port on the router or switch has failed.
- Your customer’s router is configured to block software Port 1883 or the iMist server is down.
- The gateway has failed or the ethernet cable connecting the gateway to the router has failed.
- If the gateway has recently gone offline, check again tomorrow. Your customer’s internet may be temporarily out.
- If it has been off a few days, contact your customer and ask them to confirm that their internet is working.
- If they report that the internet is working, it is likely that the gateway has either lost power or has been disconnected from their router. Ask them to confirm.
- It is also possible that they have changed out their router and the new port forwarding or security settings have blocked communication. Ask them to confirm status:
For an iMist2 Gateway, any of the lights confirm power. If there is no blue light, there is no internet connection. If there is a blue light, but no green light, then port 1883 on the customer’s router is blocked.
For a white Standard Range Gateway, any lights confirm power. A solid green light in the corner indicate the gateway is connected to the internet.
For a black Long Range Gateway, any green lights on the back confirm power. If the unit has power, call MistAway Tech Support to confirm whether it is connected to the internet.