Gen 3 Basics: Functionality and Capacity
- MistAway’s Tankless Misting Unit, Gen III+, is a batch processing unit that precisely mixes water from a faucet and concentrated insecticide from a cartridge in a batch tank and then atomizes it through an installed nozzle circuit to control mosquitoes and other annoying insects.
- The capacity of the unit is dependent on the configuration of the nozzle circuit. A practical field maximum for one zone is about 75 nozzles (some in parallel) connected by 750 feet of tubing.
- The unit may be programmed to mist up to 24 times daily, with each mist cycle having its own independent duration. A common program will consist of 2 to 3 mist cycles per day, each with a 45 – 60 second duration, for a daily total of 90 – 180 seconds.
- The unit will also mist in response to a signal from a handheld remote transmitter for a duration programmed by the user.
Optional Equipment and Functionality
- Wind Sensor: Sensor input will inhibit a programmed mist if the wind speed is higher than a user-defined limit for a 5 minute period following the scheduled mist.
- Zone Kit: Kit will enable the unit to either independently manage areas with two different application schedules or effectively double the protected area that the unit would otherwise support.
- iMistAway Module: Allows the unit to be remotely monitored and controlled via an Internet connection.