What is ERR3:
ERR3 is displayed when the actual MIST volume is significantly greater than the target volume.
Most Common Cause: leak in the nozzle circuit.
Other Potential Causes:
- There are more nozzles installed in the nozzle circuit than entered as the NOZ count in the SET-UP menu.
- The actual flow rate (AFR) is much greater than the estimated nozzle flow rate (NFR) in the DATA Menu.
- The tolerance in the error calculation (TOL) is too small.
- Flow meter is not working properly.
1. Attempt to reproduce ERR3:
- Clear error – press Red MENU/Stop button for 5 seconds.
- Run Manual Mist – press the Up and Down arrow simultaneously and hold for 2 secs.
- If ERR3 results, proceed with next steps. Otherwise, run more Manual Mists to ensure system is working properly. (see Note about Slow/Small Leaks in Step 4)
2. Confirm System Setup is correct:
- Confirm nozzle count in controller (NOZ in Setup Menu) reflects number of nozzles installed.
- Confirm nozzle flow rate (NFR in DATA Menu) is reasonable (35 – 50 ml/min)
- Confirm tolerance (TOL in DATA Menu) is correct:
|Nozzle Count||Tolerance (TOL)|
|less than 30||75%|
|30 to 50||50%|
|greater than 50||25%|
- If Setup changes are required, run Manual Mists to confirm system is working properly.
3. Inspect nozzle circuit for leaks.
- Run an extended inspection cycle (MTCE Menu, press and hold INS) and look for leaks
4. Note about Slow/Small leaks: During the hours between mist cycles, fluid can leak out of a fitting and drain the nozzle circuit. The next time the unit mists, the nozzle circuit must be refilled completely and this may be a large enough additional volume to cause ERR3. Small leaks are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot because they are difficult to reproduce while onsite.