Gen 1.3: Setup Checklist
To download and print the manual, click Gen 1.3: Operating Manual
-1. Pick a Suitable Location
- On firm level surface with good access for service.
- Free from flooding or sprinklers.
- Near GFCI outlet. Unit’s power cord is 12 ft. NEVER USE AN EXTENSION CORD!
- Unit requires 120V and 15 amp circuit. Test with multi-meter.
0. Assemble the Unit
- Verify finish kit:
- Remote transmitter
- Soft drum lid cover
- Pump suction tubing and filter
- Auto-Drain Valve assembly
- Agitator j-tube and mixing eductor (if agitated unit)
- 4 each – bolts, flat washers, lock washers, nuts
- Turn the unit upside down on towel to protect plastic housing.
- Invert lid and rotate so that holes line up with fittings.
- Insert lines into fittings:
- 1/2″ Pump suction line into pump – ENSURE IT IS SEATED!
- 1/4″ Auto Drain Valve,
- 3/8″ Agitation J-tube, if “with Agitator” unit
- Secure chassis to lid:
- Sequence – bolt, chassis, lid, flat washer, lock washer, nut
- Place and hand tighten all four connections
- Tighten with 7/16″ wrenches:
- Place lid assembly on drum. Secure with gray drum ring.
- For video, see Installation – Assembling Gen 1.3 Drum Unit (5:47)
1. Test System and Inspect the Nozzle Circuit
- Connect nozzle circuit to 1/4″ bulkhead fitting.
- Install optional zone kit. For instructions, see Gen 1.3: Zone Kit Installation
- Plug unit into outlet and confirm controller boots up.
- Fill drum through bung on lid and set level:
- 12-15 inches of water only. DO NOT ADD CONCENTRATE YET!
- if 125 gallon drum unit, set TNK in SETUP Menu to 125.
- Set gas gauge LEVEL in MAINTENANCE Menu to 2 bars.
- Inspect nozzle circuit for leaks
- Run inspection cycle, INS in MAINTENANCE Menu. System will pressure up and mist.
- Check nozzle circuit for leaks and repair.
- If zone kit, inspect both zones with INS 1 and INS 2.
- Confirm pump pressure is 250 psi.
- Run inspection cycle.
- If necessary, adjust pump bypass with flathead screwdriver. Port located back left corner of housing.
2. Install the Nozzle Circuit Filter
- Mount filter head to bracket with screws.
- FILL FILTER CANISTER WITH WATER!
- Confirm o-ring on top of the canister is seated in groove, then screw filter housing onto the filter head.
- Snap bracket and filter onto gray drum ring
- Cut and connect 1/4″ tubing following direction of flow arrows
- Use enough tubing to be able set filter on ground during service
- “IN” – misting unit to filter
- “OUT” – filter to nozzle circuit
- For more details and photos, see Installing Nozzle Circuit Filter
3. Orient and Test the Handheld Remote Transmitter
- Set parameters in controller:
- Set System Mode to Auto Everday on home screen
- Set NOZ in SETUP Menu to nozzle count. Set NOZ 1 and NOZ 2 if zone kit.
- Set REM (remote mist duration) in SETUP Menu to desired. 45 secs is common.
- Put receiver in misting unit into “learn” mode
- LRT in SET-UP Menu. Press and hold green button
- Countdown starts
- Put handheld transmitter in “learn” mode
- Find recessed pairing button on back of transmitter
- Use paperclip to press and quickly release button. DO NOT HOLD PAIRING BUTTON DOWN!
- Blue LED will flash several times
- Controller will display “DONE”
- Press MIST on handheld to complete pairing
- Test remote by pressing MIST. Stop cycle by pressing STOP MIST
- For more detail and troubleshooting, see “Learning” the iMist2-ready Handheld Remote Transmitter
4. Test Leak Detection
- Confirm the unit has leak detection option installed. LD in DATA Menu will be ON
- Press MIST on handheld transmitter and allow for a complete remote mist cycle
- If controller displays ERR3, there is probably a leak.
- Clear the error by pressing and holding Red Stop button and run another remote mist to confirm
5. Add Concentrate, Top OFF Drum, Set Level to Full
- Unapproved concentrates may damage the system or may not be legal to apply through the system. Make sure concentrate is in Gen 1.3: Approved Insecticides
- Calculate required volume of concentrate:
- Refer to label or link above for dosing instructions
- Use Dosing and Days to Empty Calculator
- Use funnel to add concentrate to drum through bung on lid
- Apply adhesive-backed label supplied with concentrate to side of drum
- Fill drum with water to 3 inches from top. Do not overfill. Maintain 6″ air gap between hose and fluid level.
- Set gas gauge LEVEL in Maintenace Menu to full
6. Set Mist Cycles
- Confirm day and time on home screen are correct. If not, reset in DAY/TIME Menu.
- Set mist duration and time for each cycle in CYCLES Menu. 24 possible daily mist cycles.
- A common program is:
- Morning: around 7:00 am for 45 seconds (after sprinkler system has run)
- Dusk: around 7:00 pm for 45 seconds
- Night: around 11:00 pm for 45 seconds
- You may need to set other parameters in the SET-UP Menu (eg if you are installing a wind sensor). You’ll find a complete list at Gen 1.3 Controller: Menus Otherwise, accept the defaults.
7. Button Up the Unit
- Confirm System Mode set to Auto Everyday on home screen.
- Put the waterproof cover over the unit, fitting the elastic at under the lip at the edge of the drum