For Gen 1.3 units without leak detection:
- The displayed level of solution remaining in the drum is calculated using factors entered into the controller during the setup process – Tank Size, Starting Level, Nozzle Count, Target Flow Rate
- New Level = Old Level – (nozzle count x target flow rate x mist duration)
- The unit will stop misting when the displayed level is zero
- Because it is a calculated rather than measured value, there may be a difference between the displayed level and the actual level if the factors in the calculation do not reflect the actual configuration of the system . See Gen 1.3: Displayed Tank Level does not match Actual Level
- It is possible for the unit to run dry if the actual level is zero, but the displayed level is positive. Running dry does not typically cause pump failure, but will reduce the lifetime of the pump.
For Gen 1.3 units with leak detection:
- The displayed level of solution remaining in the drum is also calculated, but the calculation uses the actual flow out of the pump measured with the leak detection flow meter.
- New Level = Old Level – measured flow out of the pump during the previous mist
- The unit will stop misting when the flow meter detects essentially no flow during a mist cycle.
- It is less likely for there to be a difference between the displayed level and the actual level in a unit with leak detection, but it is still possible if Tank Size or Starting Level are incorrect.
- It is also possible for there to be a difference between Displayed and Actual Levels if the nozzle circuit is very small or if the mist cycles are very short. See Gen 1.3: Leak Detection and TOLerance